Chipotle Roasted Butternut Squash Quesadillas
-with Caramelized Onion, Spinach, and Apple Pecan Slaw
Recipe from the amazing foodbabe.com!
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 3 Tbl coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp chili powder (I use a tablespoon)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minched (I use 2-3 cloves)
- 1 cup spinach (I use 2-3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups cooke cannellini beans
- 4 large sprouted wheat tortillas (use gluten free tortillas if you want)
Apple Pecan Slaw:
- 1/2 apple, julienned
- 1/2 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400
- Toss diced butternut squash with 2 Tbl coconut oil and put on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 25-35 minutes or until tender and crispy.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 Tbl of coconut oil over medium high heat. Add in the onion and cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and spinach and cook until wilted. Add the cannelloni beans until warmed through.
- When the butternut squash is done, put in a bowl or blender. Add in the spinach and bean mixture and mash with a fork or pulse to combine.
- Take one tortilla and spread the butternut squash bean mix on the entire tortilla. Top with the second tortilla and place back on the saute pan to crisp each side.
- For the slaw, toss the apple and kale in a bowl with the vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper and add in the pecans.
- Once each side has been crisped, put tortilla on your plate and top with the apple pecan slaw.