Shake together in a tightly covered jar:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
set aside to chill.
Combine in a large bowl:
- 4 cups warm cooked brown rice
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (your choice of color)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Remove dressing from refrigerator, shake well, and pour dressing over rice mixture to coat.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional.
Can serve on lettuce leaves or choice of greens. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.